Saturday, September 5, 2009

Conspicuous consumer blog redux

So, I am on-line now via a high-speed connection, one of a list of things I planned to do with my new salary. As it turns out, doing it with a bundled cable and phone service, I am actually saving money per month. I didn't notice the real differance of high speed until I downloaded some songs last night. A song used to cost about 8-10 minutes, now, about 10 seconds, and photos are significantly sharper.

While the high-speed guy was here for 6 hours yesterday, I did some work for school (this is a teacher blog, afterall). I figured out a way to combine the star chart idea with the metacognitive, rubric idea. I glued a star chart on the outside of a manilla folder for each of my students. I will also glue in a check-list for the first goal of being prepared for learning that we will discuss the first week. Inside, I will keep their completed rubrics so we can check their progress. I also made out a very, very skeleton schedule as to how I will divide the day between the two fifth grades, but I know that it will be revised many times before we have a good routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment